Your Time To Shine!
Dog Tags and Combat Boots
- Military Card Shop
My inspiration is my mother. She was a fantastic crafter and person. She always supported me in whatever I did.
2. Who is you artistic hero?
David H Everett (Crafter)
3. How did you start as an artist?
I've always done crafts, but I wanted something I could do on the computer and began to learn how to do graphics.
Each day. I'm on the computer from about 9am until sometimes 1 or 2am. I even create while I watch tv in the evening.
5. How do you feel when you are creating your artwork?
6. Where do you do your work?
In my loft seated in my chair with the computer on my lap.
I'm not sure what you mean by career artist. I'm self-taught.
8. Please explain your art in your own words.
I create designs for Military Greeting Cards and Military Gear.
9. What technique/s do you use?
10. If any, what software do you use to aid in your artwork?
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements.
I have no taken any local art classes, but I've watched classes on Creative Live and You Tube Videos.
12. Describe your style.
I guess I'd have to say Traditional
13. Does your art have a deeper meaning?
14. Do you aspire to be like any other artist?
I aspire to be myself
I hope my cards and items make people feel good and smile.
16. What is the place of you artwork in society?
To make those in the military happy.
(Military Greeting Cards)
http://www.zazzle.com/dogtagsandcombatboot (no "s" on the end of this one) (Military items for everyone)
(Military items for everyone)
(Digital collage sheet for crafters)
(Digital collage sheets for crafters)
(Western items for everyone)
I'm a wife, mother and grandmother. My family means everything to me. I love creating graphics, genealogy, HO Trains and Irises.
19. When did you start and how long have you been doing this?
I started doing graphics about five years ago. I've done crafts all my life.
20. How has your artwork developed over the years?
It's gotten better.
21. What is your favorite piece of art you have created?
My Military Graduation Cards. <<< click on image of card below to purchase this card.
Above: Sherry's favorite piece of art that she has created.
Click on the image to purchase this card.
23. By what terms do you measure your success?
If someone purchases my items.
24. Does it matter to you if your artwork never makes you rich?
No really. I just like the creative process.
25. Who is your intended audience? (Do you make art for children, the ill, business, etc)
The Military and Crafters.
26. Do you have a niche? What is it?
Yes. Military items.
Well, I'm a really good genealogist. I pride myself on being good. I was a professional genealogist for 16 years and still do it for myself and my husband.
28. Can you rmember your first piece of artwork or your first sale?
Not really. Since I've been creating things most of my life.
29. Do you have your own blog, facebook page, etc.
Yes, I have a Facebook Fan Page for Dog Tags And Combat Boots
31. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about?
I'm very excited about my Military Greeting Cards. Since my husband is a Vietnam Veteran I feel close to military veterans and hope my cards will make those who receive them smile.
Owner and creator of